Updated 24 September 2020
After being active in bands, solo music making and producing, smaller labels, releases, writing about music, producing radio etc. for some decades, I’ve just launched a new label: superpolar Taïps. The first two releases (tape and digital) are here
The third release will be a compilation, albeit a special one.
I bought – in a mood, because they were on sale – a bunch of C-5 cassettes at tape muzik a while ago and had the idea to use them for a cassingles compilation, i.e. very limited edition cassette singles with exclusive B sides by various artists. All A sides would be part of a digital compilation whereas B sides would be exclusive.
However, I thought the idea might just be too stupid, so the tapes kept sitting on my shelf for a while until I started discussing it with qualchan./peradam tapes , Strategic Tape Reserve and Third Kind Rec who actually liked the idea, were willing to contribute and help in gathering artists.
qualchan, third kind rec and myself invited a lot of people – most of them can be found in this Twitter group and here were are with roundabout 25 artists, the outline being:
- 100 C-5 cassettes (2.5 minutes per side)
- 25 artists with two tracks max 2:30 in length on one C-5 cassette
- B-side track exclusively on cassette
- Just 2 copies each will go on sale ( 50 in total) as merch on superpolar.bandcamp.com
- 2 spares (superpolar taïps archive copy, artist copy, i.e. any artist will receive one – the postage might eat up any revenue, but so be it, everybody has to have one)
- individual cover images/illustrations by the artist (or of course sb who does it on behalf of the artist) – superpolar Taïps J-Card template in dropbox (please mail/contact via Twitter DM @bleed_air so I can share the folders with you, of course also happy to help / take over the layout
- your tracks should also be uploaded to this Dropbox folder
- Digital compilation w/ all 25 A-side tracks on superpolar.bandcamp.com
- Should there be any profit it would be donated to charitable cultural/music/arts promoting organisations (to be decided in cooordination with all participating artists).
- Deadline for submissions via the a.m. shared dropbox folder is 1 December 2020
- Planned release date is Jan 2021
if you have questions or need more info do not hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com or Twitter @bleed_air.
I am very much looking forward to this.
P.S.: Should we eventually have more than 25 artists … no worries. Either there will be a few left or I’ll order a few more.